Golden Eagle



"Rumor has it that these guys can be found from time to time in Missouri, and that there was a young one mixed in with the Balds at Squaw Creek last winter. I remember seeing three of them at the top of Lookout Pass driving into Idaho from Montana. It was snowing to beat the band, and they were dining on a mule deer carcass laying beside the road. As they lifted off the thing when we drove by them, the width of the wing completely obscured the passenger window of the jeep."
--Dee Puett, Photographer







2 comments:

  1. This is the bird in my country's coat of arms yet I have never seen a wild one :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to see quite a few of them in Oklahoma. In Wisconsin, I don't remember seeing any, though we have lots of bald eagles.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...