Man Bites Cobra to Death

H. Krisp/Creative Commons

The cobra bit him first. The BBC reported his motive this way:

BBC News - Farmer bites cobra to death in Nepal

"A Nepali farmer who was bitten by a cobra in his rice paddy field has killed the snake by repeatedly biting it in return.

"A snake charmer told me that if a snake bites you, bite it until it is dead and nothing will happen to you," Mohammed Salmodin told the BBC."

But a report in Reuters mentions a different motive:



"I could have killed it with a stick but bit it with my teeth instead because I was angry."

Mohammed Salmodin then went back to work until his family pressured him to get help. Remind me not to make this guy angry.  

Incidentally, I knew a family who had eaten cobra. They said it was good in soup. 

(Thanks to Croconut for the news tip)

2 comments:

  1. Around here, quite a few people speak wonders of rattlesnake meat. I remember you mentioned eating that in The Red Hourglass I think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's very tasty, though there are lots of little bones in it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...