Yellowstone: Report on Man Eaten by Grizzlies

Site of last year's fatal attack

Michigan Man Fatally Mauled By Grizzly In Yellowstone National Park Tried To Defend Himself | National Parks Traveler:


"A father and daughter out hiking the trail the following day found his body, which had been cached under duff and debris, a common practice of bears intent on returning to a kill.


"I was hiking a little in front of my dad," the young woman wrote in a statement she provided rangers. "The trail started to go into some timber and there were five or six birds circling above the area. I climbed over a log that was across the trail and that is when I saw a plastic clear drink container with some pink liquid in it and what I thought was a backpack.


"As I got closer I realized there were boots sticking out, legs, and the upper part of the body was covered with dirt," the unidentified woman continued."


Thanks to Croconut for the news tip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...